ENHANCING AID EFFECTIVENESS THROUGH INSTITUTIONAL AND POLICY REFORM OF THE MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS AND STATISTICS, GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN.
K & P joined a 3 member team of experts from GTZ, the German technical assistance organization with its head office in Berlin. The objective was to appraise the request for grant assistance for enhancing aid effectiveness through institutional and policy reform. The others members of the team were Prof. Dr. Siegefied Schoenherr, Dr. David Nguyen-Thanh and Dr.
- Matthias Witt (Head of mission). The mission provided its proposals for the following.
- Strengthening EAD’s coordination capacity
- Training of EAD officials
- Support for the establishment of the Donor Coordination Cell and equipment.
- It was based on an;
- Analysis of EAD’s internal administrative structures and procedures, identifying new challenges;
- Analysis of the institutional environment of EAD and its relations with other institutions and donors;
- Preparation of a draft concept for co-operation.
The report has been accepted by GTZ and is under review by the German Government for the provision of grant assistance to Pakistan.
News Letter Sign Up